Myanmar(28/03/2020) : Confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Myanmar shot up to eight on Saturday, within six days after the government announced the first two cases, seven of which are imported.
The Health Ministry identified the three new patients as a 29-year-old Myanmar man, who returned from the UK, a 58-year-old female foreigner from Switzerland who works for the United Nations and a 60-year-old Myanmar woman tour guide.
The United Nations said in a statement that its staff “had been in self-quarantine” since her return on March 17.
The global intergovernmental organisation added that when its staff began to experience symptoms consistent with COVID-19, she was taken and isolated in a designated public hospital, where she underwent the test.
“The United Nations expresses its deepest appreciation to the Government of Myanmar for its support and to the hospital staff for the warm and professional care they are extending towards our colleague, who we hope will soon be on the path to full recovery,” the statement said.